By using the Encyclofoodia Platform and the Services, you agree and consent to the collection, transfer, use, storage, disclosure and sharing of your information as described and collected by us in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with the Policy, please do not use or access the Encyclofoodia Platform.
We may occasionally update this Policy and such changes will be posted on this page. If we make any significant changes to this Policy we will endeavour to provide you with reasonable notice of such changes, such as via prominent notice on the Encyclofoodia Platform or to your email address on record and where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent. To the extent permitted under the applicable law, your continued use of our Services after we publish or send a notice about our changes to this Policy shall constitute your consent to the updated Policy.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Encyclofoodia Platform may contain links to other websites. Any personal information about you collected whilst visiting such websites is not governed by this Policy. Encyclofoodia shall not be responsible for and has no control over the practices and content of any website accessed using the links contained on the Encyclofoodia Platform. This Policy shall not apply to any information you may disclose to any of our service providers/service personnel which we do not require you to disclose to us or any of our service providers under this Policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Information: In order to improve your app experience and lend stability to our services to you, we may collect information or employ third party plugins that collect information about the devices you use to access our Services, including the hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, mobile network information, installed applications on device and phone state. The information collected thus will be disclosed to or collected directly by these plugins and may be used to improve the content and/or functionality of the services offered to you. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs to track your usage of the Encyclofoodia Platform;
- Authenticating users; Remembering user preferences and settings;
- Determining the popularity of content;
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns;
- Analysing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviours and interests of people who interact with our services.
A pixel tag (also called a web beacon or clear GIF) is a tiny graphic with a unique identifier, embedded invisibly on a webpage (or an online ad or email), and is used to count or track things like activity on a webpage or ad impressions or clicks, as well as to access cookies stored on users’ computers. We use pixel tags to measure the popularity of our various pages, features and services. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether the message has been opened and for other analytics.
USES OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect for following purposes, including:
- To provide, personalise, maintain and improve our products and services, such as to enable deliveries and other services, enable features to personalise your Encyclofoodia account;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the relevant information and services;
- To administer and enhance the security of our Encyclofoodia Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To provide you with information about services we consider similar to those that you are already using, or have enquired about, or may interest you. If you are a registered user, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS or telephone) with information about these services;
- To understand our users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve the content and features of our Services (such as by personalizing content to your interests), process and complete your transactions, make special offers, provide customer support, process and respond to your queries;
- To generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, our user base and Service usage patterns;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, if any; or
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- If you are a partner restaurant or merchant or delivery partner, to track the progress of delivery or status of the order placed by our customers.
- to carry out academic research with academic partners.
We may combine the information that we receive from third parties with the information you give to us and information we collect about you for the purposes set out above. Further, we may anonymize and/or de-identify information collected from you through the Services or via other means, including via the use of third-party web analytic tools. As a result, our use and disclosure of aggregated and/or de-identified information is not restricted by this Policy, and it may be used and disclosed to others without limitation.
We analyse the log files of our Encyclofoodia Platform that may contain Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring, app crashes, page viewed and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. This helps us to administer the website, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
DISCLOSURE AND DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information that we collect for following purposes:
With Service Providers:We may share your information with our vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms and other service providers or business partners, such as Payment processing companies, to support our business. For example, your information may be shared with outside vendors to send you emails and messages or push notifications to your devices in relation to our Services, to help us analyze and improve the use of our Services, to process and collect payments. We also may use vendors for other projects, such as conducting surveys or organizing sweepstakes for us.
With Partner Restaurants/Merchant:While you place a request to order food through the Encyclofoodia Platform, your information is provided to us and to the restaurants/merchants with whom you may choose to order. In order to facilitate your online food order processing, we provide your information to that restaurant/merchant in a similar manner as if you had made a food order directly with the restaurant. If you provide a mobile phone number, Encyclofoodia may send you text messages regarding the order’s delivery status.
With Academic Partners:We may share your information with our academic partners for the purpose of carrying out academic research.
With Other Users:If you are a delivery partner, we may share your name, phone number and/or profile picture (if applicable), tracking details with other users to provide them the Services.
For Internal Use:We may share your information with any present or future member of our “Group” (as defined below)or affiliates for our internal business purposes The term “Group” means, with respect to any person, any entity that is controlled by such person, or any entity that controls such person, or any entity that is under common control with such person, whether directly or indirectly, or, in the case of a natural person, any Relative (as such term is defined in the Companies Act, 1956 and Companies Act, 2013 to the extent applicable) of such person.